Meet Your Windsor Orthodontist
I am a family dentistry and orthodontics professional in Fort Collins and Windsor, Colorado who specializes in providing orthodontic treatment for all ages. I opened Goings Orthodontics in June 2007 with my wife, Kathryn. Together we have built our Fort Collins family dentistry and orthodontics practice from the ground up into what we are today. I wanted to create a place where people feel comfortable, welcome and receive excellent patient care. I also wanted to ensure that I have the latest technology and advancements for family dentistry in Fort Collins.
Why an Orthodontist in Windsor?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Goings continued her formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Goings has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Windsor Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Windsor orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Windsor orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Goings Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Windsor area.